Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Letter to my Blog Readers

My blog for my ITW class was the first blog that I had ever kept. Before taking the class I was not even really sure what a blog was. Not only have a learned a lot about politics, literature, and Iraq during the course but I have learned a new form of writing. Blogging is very personal and somewhat casual. I hope people that have read my blog could have perhaps learned about some of the things I have read about, for example some of the articles in Blog! By David Kline and Dan Burstein. Also I hope they could learn about how blogs work and how it is a type of informal writing and you are free to write about whatever you want and share your opinion with literally anybody who has the internet. The works that I feel most proud of on my blog are probably most of my responses to articles in Blog! I feel like I really began to understand a lot more about blogging but reading the book and how much it affects today’s society. Before reading this book I never understood how big blogging actually was. I found it really interesting to read the essays and the interviews about famous bloggers. I think I am most proud of this work is because it is when I really began to understand blogging and what it is all about. After the semester is over I don’t think I am going to continue to blog, however I will probably make the blog private so others can not view my work but keep it for records for what I have done throughout the year. This was definitely an interesting class and it introduced me to a new way of writing, it was fun to experience something different rather then writing numerous different papers or just normal responses.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Yes, you've done a lot of good work here. Glad you won't delete the blog.