Thursday, October 11, 2007

HW: 19 "Web of Influence"

Web of Influence written by Daniel Drezner and Henry Farrell was a very interesting article that showed the influences that blogging has had on our society. The paragraph that I have decided to respond to is on page 85 and continues onto page 86. I found it surprising that the authors argued that blogging couldn’t influence global politics. MY POINT IS that Drezner and Farrell felt that blogging has had a great impact on politics and the blogosphere is responsible for huge adjustment on our society. FOR EXAMPLE, he states “Blogs are already influencing U.S. politics. The top five political blogs together attract over half a million visitors per day.” (Kline 85) I found it surprising that they considered blogging to never impact our world globally. IN OTHER WORDS I personally think that blogging someday will go global and influence things such as politics all around the world. Another comment that surprised me was Farrell states “The typical blog is written by a teenage girl who uses it twice a month to update her friends and classmates on happenings in her life.” (Kline 85) Before entering this class that is what I thought blogging was primarily about, however now I feel that there is much more to blogs than providing a social life. Blogging has become people’s careers and I think that someday it will impact global issues.

*templates from Graff are in all caps.

No comments: