Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW 5b: "I Blog, Therefore I Am"

“I Blog, Therefore I Am” written by David Kline discusses how blogging is becoming so common and important in our society. I did however agree with this essay more so than I have with articles in the past. Mainly because he goes into detail about how even though blogging is becoming so popular it will not be the end of mainstream media. I question Kline in the fact that blogging will continue to have such a significant impact on our society. I see blogging as more of a hobby that people have acquired over the years. Kline argues, “ Blogs are simply a continuation of a phenomenon.” (Kline pg 246) While blogging is definitely interesting and something new to me I don’t see it has taking over the media. Another part of the article that I did not agree with is when Kline acknowledges “Netspeak” and how it will change communication over the years. I don’t think that the way people communicate over the internet or text messaging will affect people’s ability to speak and write correctly.

*using safari (couldn't use different color text)

No comments: