Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW 6: Semester long research paper

Topics that I am interested in that deals with social computing are instant messaging, social networking services such as facebook and chat rooms. The reason that I am most interested in these topics is because they are the ones that I am most familiar with. I feel comfortable discussing them and I am also very interested in learning about them all. I was unsure about the topics of empowerment of marginalized groups. I ended up picking overcoming sexism, racism and overcoming inequities in access to education. I would like to learn about these topics in the United States and Europe. I think it will be interesting to learn more about how they are affect our society as a whole and then being able to compare that to the European culture and to see the similarities and the differences. I want to pick an interesting topic that I will have a lot to write about and something that I am interested in. I think a lot of the topics mentioned will be fun to learn about and will be easy to write about.

No comments: